1. Information About Us
Sole Trader: Maryline Higham
Data Protection Officer: Maryline Higham
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: 07495 210 874
2. What Does This Notice Cover?
This Privacy Information explains how we use your personal data: how it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed. It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
3. What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
The personal data that I use is set out in Part 5, below.
4. What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which I will always work to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data. This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact me to find out more or to ask any questions using the details in Part 12.
- The right to access the personal data I hold about you. Part 11 will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by me is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact me using the details in Part 12 to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to me using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that you can ask me for a copy of your personal data held by me to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. I do not use your personal data in this way
For more information about my use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact me using the details provided in Part 12.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about my use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
5. What Personal Data Do You Collect?
I may collect some or all of the following personal data (this may vary according to your relationship with me):
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Medical conditions
I also collect customers’ email addresses when you purchase digital downloads from the yogaspirits.co.uk website.
6. How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, I must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for my performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to my use of your personal data, or because it is in my legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for one of the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your account.
- Supplying my services to you. Your personal details are required in order for me to enter into a contract with you.
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
I produce occasional email newsletters. I use the third party Mail Chimp.
I only send email newsletters to those who have expressly stated they would like to receive these and they have the option to unsubscribe from these emails at any time.